Emails with shirt totals were sent out. Sorry for such short messages, but trying to get a lot done. Please get your money in by next Saturday & if you haven’t done so already, place your order.
Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Stance is with the heels wider than shoulder width, but not so wide that the knees roll inside the feet
- Weight in heels
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Shoulders over or slightly in front of the bar
- Bar in contact with the shins
- Arms straight
- Symmetrical grip inside the knees
- The sequence of action is to: deadlift, shrug, pull
- Drive through the heels
- Extend legs while hips and shoulders rise at the same rate
- Once the bar passes the knees, the hip opens
- Shrug, with straight arms
- Arms follow through by pulling the bar below the chin with the elbows high and outside.
- Return the bar down fluidly in the reverse sequence: arms, then shoulders, then hips, then knees, back to the set-up position
- The movement finishes with the knees and hips at full extension and the bar pulled to the chin with the elbows high and outside.
- Sumo deadlift
- Sumo deadlift shrug, slow
- Sumo deadlift shrug, fast
- Full sumo deadlift high pull
I’m trying to modify for all levels here. If you’ve had more than 3 months crossfit experience you may do portion A. If you have less than 3 months or need to work basics, do portion B.
Sumo DL High Pull (SDLHP):
- 5 sets, 3 reps
2 Rounds for Time
20 Double Unders (60 singles, if no rope – side to side hops)
20 Goblet Squats (53/35)
30 KB SDLHP