Snatches – Week 3, we started with high hang snatches, then hinged at the hips for a hang snatch, today we will start on the ground completing a full power snatch.
If you are using an empty barbell, stack 2 45lb bumper plates for the barbell to rest on so you are not bent over to the ground. Don’t forget we have training bars in the box so you can load 10lb plates and only be at 35lbs.
Modified Burgener Warm Up
- Down (knee bend, chest up) and finish (shrug) – Speed through the middle
- 1 + Elbow High & outside – Bar close
- 1 + 2 + Muscle Snatch – Turnover
- PVC Overhead Squat – Core strength
- Snatch lands (starting stance, dropping into a squat, landing in finish stance)
Snatch Deadlifts – slow and light, pausing at the hang position and the down position. Just slowly drill the muscle memory of the bar path.
Power Snatch – EMOM for 10 minutes – 1 Power Snatch
For 3 cycles:
3 Hang Power Snatches (95/65)
6 Bar Facing Burpees
-Rest 1 minute between cycles-
(11 min total)