- The stance is with the heels at shoulder width
- Full extension at hips and knees
- Weight on heels
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Hips travel back and down
- Bottom of squat is when the hip crease is below the top of the kneecap (“below parallel”)
- Knees stay in line with the feet
- Head position is neutral
- Return to full extension at the hips and knees to complete the movement
Back Squat: 5-4-3-3-2-2-1
*Squat therapy for new folks/immature squats. YOU SHOULD BE LOGGING THE WEIGHT YOU USE EACH WEIGHT. IF YOU AREN’T, START TRACKING TO ENSURE YOU’RE GOING UP IN WEIGHT. I want you to be safe, but I don’t want you to limit yourself from excelling.
15 Jumping Air Squats
10 Walking Lunges
Rest 2 minutes & repeat. The goal is to maintain the same number of reps. Test your recovery, do not sandbag the first 5 minutes.