- The stance is with the heels at shoulder width
- Full extension at hips and knees
- Weight on heels
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Hips travel back and down
- Bottom of squat is when the hip crease is below the top of the kneecap (“below parallel”)
- Knees stay in line with the feet
- Head position is neutral
- Return to full extension at the hips and knees to complete the movement
Back Squat: 5-4-3-2-1
Go up in weight each set, rest 2-3 minutes per set
*Squat therapy for new folks/immature squats. YOU SHOULD BE LOGGING THE WEIGHT YOU USE EACH WEIGHT. IF YOU AREN’T, START TRACKING TO ENSURE YOU’RE GOING UP IN WEIGHT. I want you to be safe, but I don’t want you to limit yourself from excelling. We’ve been seeing people surprise themselves during the Open lifting more than they have before. That can be a regular thing if you track your weights and realize how big your foundation is and that you are ready to step it up to the next 5lb increment.
2015 Masters Qualifier Event 4
Box Jumps (24/20)
Play with your speed on these movements, but move safely. These are common Open movements and we have not seen them yet.