- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The action is to: press
- Retract the head (head accommodates the bar), and press the bar overhead, finishing with locked arms
- The head can return to its neutral position once the bar has passed
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- To return the bar, push the elbows forward and retract the face until the bar is re-racked.
Warm up those shoulders very well or this strength will end quickly. Add little extra weight to the bar and rep through some quick fast push presses (just don’t do push presses during the strength).
Strict Press: Death by reps @ approx 50% of your 1rep max (don’t know your 1rm? Refer to Nov 30th)
Minute 1: 1 rep
Minute 2: 2 reps
Minute 3: 3 reps
Continue until you cannot complete the number of reps for the assigned minute. Log your weight, what round and how many reps you completed in the last round.
Who is going to be the last (wo)man pressing?
10 min AMRep
3 Thrusters @ 115/75
3 Burpee box jumps
3 Pull Ups
6 Thrusters @ 115/75
6 Burpee box jumps
6 Pull Ups
Add 3 reps each round to each movements