Sumo Deadlift High Pull
- Stance is with the heels wider than shoulder width, but not so wide that the knees roll inside the feet
- Weight in heels
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Shoulders over or slightly in front of the bar
- Bar in contact with the shins
- Arms straight
- Symmetrical grip inside the knees
- The sequence of action is to: deadlift, shrug, pull
- Drive through the heels
- Extend legs while hips and shoulders rise at the same rate
- Once the bar passes the knees, the hip opens
- Shrug, with straight arms
- Arms follow through by pulling the bar below the chin with the elbows high and outside.
- Return the bar down fluidly in the reverse sequence: arms, then shoulders, then hips, then knees, back to the set-up position
- The movement finishes with the knees and hips at full extension and the bar pulled to the chin with the elbows high and outside.
- Sumo deadlift
- Sumo deadlift shrug, slow
- Sumo deadlift shrug, fast
- Full sumo deadlift high pull
Sumo DL High Pull: 5-4-3-3-2-2-1-1.
Work to a heavy single
12 min AMRAP
50 Double Under buy in
10 Kettle bell Sumo Dead lift High Pull @53/35*
15 Goblet Squats
*Push yourself. Use the next heavier kettle bell than you are used to. These are sumo dead lifts and squats.