- Stance is with the heels at shoulder width
- Full extension at hips and knees
- Bar “racked” on the shoulders (create a shelf with the shoulders for bar to sit on), hands outside shoulders, loose fingertip grip
- Elbows high, upper arm parallel to the ground
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Hips travel back and down
- Bottom of squat is when the hip crease is below the top of the kneecap (“below parallel”)
- Knees stay in line with the feet
- Head position is neutral
- Keep the bar racked properly (“elbows high”) throughout the movement
- Return to full extension at the hips and knees to complete the movement
Front Squat: 5-1-4-1-3-1
Same rep scheme as last week’s Back Squats. Pick a weight that is a challenge, but you can do 5-4-3 at. For the singles, you’ll add weight each set. Coach Jose PR’d his Back Squat last week. Let’s see if we can get any Front Squat PRs this week.
-Rest 1 minute-
You know what that one minute rest means? Sprint it out!
Athlete’s choice. If there is something you’re interested in learning or fine tuning this is your time to ask.