- The stance is with the heels at shoulder width
- Full extension at hips and knees
- Weight on heels
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Hips travel back and down
- Bottom of squat is when the hip crease is below the top of the kneecap (“below parallel”)
- Knees stay in line with the feet
- Head position is neutral
- Return to full extension at the hips and knees to complete the movement
Back Squat: 5 sets of 3 reps immediately followed by 3 box jumps after each set (not step ups)
*Squat therapy for new folks/immature squats. YOU SHOULD BE LOGGING THE WEIGHT YOU USE EACH WEIGHT. IF YOU AREN’T, START TRACKING TO ENSURE YOU’RE GOING UP IN WEIGHT. I want you to be safe, but I don’t want you to limit yourself from excelling.
We will be hosting 31 Heros tomorrow morning. Ask Jose for details.