- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The action is to: press
- Retract the head (head accommodates the bar), and press the bar overhead, finishing with locked arms
- The head can return to its neutral position once the bar has passed
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- To return the bar, push the elbows forward and retract the face until the bar is re-racked.
Strict Press from a rack: 5-4-3-3-2-2-1-1
Tight gut and butt, make sure that press is even so you don’t strain your back.
30 OH Plate Lunges (45/35)
30 Push Press
30 Lateral Burpee over Bar
We will be hosting 31 Heros August 6th. Ask Jose for details.