- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The action is to: press
- Retract the head (head accommodates the bar), and press the bar overhead, finishing with locked arms
- The head can return to its neutral position once the bar has passed
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- To return the bar, push the elbows forward and retract the face until the bar is re-racked.
Alternating EMOM for 10 minutes (5 sets):
- 5 Strict Press
- 5 Strict (weighted) Pull Ups
25 KBS* (53/35)
20 AbMat Sit Ups
15 Push Ups**
*These should be RX, push yourselves ladies. If you normally use a 35, these should be unbroken.
** No worm! Keep that plank, solid midline. If you need to drop to your knees.
Max Effort Plank