- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The action is to: press
- Retract the head (head accommodates the bar), and press the bar overhead, finishing with locked arms
- The head can return to its neutral position once the bar has passed
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- To return the bar, push the elbows forward and retract the face until the bar is re-racked.
Alternating EMOM 10 minutes:
- 5 Strict Press
- 5 Ring Dips/10 Box Dips
Refer to 3/9 and see what weights you used. Challenge yourself to increase weight if it was easy, or maintain the same weight from start to finish.
Alternating EMOM 15 minutes:
- 30 seconds Wall Walks
- (Complete wall walks, even if you only get 1, get the full range of motion)
- 30 seconds of Box Jumps
- 30 seconds of Kettlebell Swings
Record your total number of Wall Walks, Box Jumps and KBS. Goal is to maintain your reps all 5 rounds.
CASH OUT: Five 200m Sprints, 1 minute rest in between