- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The action is to: press
- Retract the head (head accommodates the bar), and press the bar overhead, finishing with locked arms
- The head can return to its neutral position once the bar has passed
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- To return the bar, push the elbows forward and retract the face until the bar is re-racked.
Alternating EMOM 10 minutes (5 sets of each)
Even minutes: 5 strict press
Odd minutes: 5 strict ring dips (scale 10 Box dips) GOAL: Unbroken
Half the class can start with dips, half can start with press as our rings are limited.
*This is strength, so do what will challenge you. If you can do 5 strict unbroken, add weight.
For 3 Cycles:
4 min AMRAP
7 Hang Power Clean (135/95)
Rest 1 minute between rounds