- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The action is to: press
- Retract the head (head accommodates the bar), and press the bar overhead, finishing with locked arms
- The head can return to its neutral position once the bar has passed
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- To return the bar, push the elbows forward and retract the face until the bar is re-racked.
Alternating EMOM 10 minutes (5 sets of each)
Even minutes: 5 strict press
Odd minutes: 5 strict pull ups*
*This is strength, so do what will challenge you. Maybe you can only do 3 strict pull ups, so do that. If you can do 5 strict, add weight. If you don’t have pull ups, do 5 deficit pull ups (slowly lowering yourself).
3 Rounds each round for time
20 AbMat Sit Ups
Sprint 100 m
Rest 2 minutes
This is an all out max effort each round. You’re getting two minutes of rest between rounds for a reason. Yesterday’s Dirty Thirty is a long, pacing WOD, today you will give it your all, each time in short burst.
5 wall walks
Start laying on the ground, walk up the wall until your nose touches, walk yourself back down.