- Stance is with the heels at hip width
- Hands just outside the shoulders
- Bar resting on the “rack” or “shelf” created by the shoulders
- Elbows in front of bar; elbows are lower than in the front squat, but not behind the bar
- Keep the chest up and brace the abdominals to maintain a neutral spine
- Closed grip, with thumbs around the bar
- The sequence of action is to: dip, drive, press
- Dip: perform a shallow dip (flexion) of the hips, where the knees push forward slightly, the hips go back slightly, and the chest stays upright
- Drive: extend the hip rapidly and fully
- Press: retract the head, press the bar to overhead, with locked arms
- The movement finishes with the bar locked out overhead in the frontal plane with active shoulders, and hips and knees at full extension
- Dip-drive, slow
- Dip-drive, fast
- Full push press
Push Press: 5-4-3-3-2-2-1
The first two sets are warm up, add some weight and work to a single heavy for the day. (Note: Single heavy for the day does not necessarily mean a 1RM. Keep your form.)
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets. Be sure your form is maintained, tight gut & butt.
75 Double Unders (150 singles or if you’re doing the Open, but cannot do DU 225 singles)
15 Push Press (135/95)
Once everybody is done and equipment put away…..
Max effort handstand hold
Kick up & hold. If you cannot hold for a minute, work for 1 minute total time.