As a class:
3 sets (nice & slow, this is to stretch out and get warm)
5 Spider Push Ups
10 Kip Swings
15 PVC Pass Through
Push Jerk (not Split)
- Feet hip width apart
- Hands just outside of the shoulders, closed grip/thumbs around the bar
- Bar in the front rack, elbows lower than a Front Squat front rack
- Elbows in front of the bar
- Tight core, tight rear
- Dip: perform a shallow dip (flexion) of the hips, where the knees push forward slightly, the butt goes back, and the chest stays upright.
- Drive: extend the hip rapidly and fully
- Press & Dip: retreat the hip downward and drive the body under the bar, while rapidly pressing the bar overhead.
- “Catch” the bar with arms locked out overhead
- Stand to full extension with the bar overhead
Progression (without the bar)
- Jump and land with hands at sides. Stick the landing.
- Jump and land with hands at shoulders throughout the movement. Stick the landing.
- Jump with hands at shoulders and extend them overhead at the same time as the land.
- With stick in hands, full Push Jerk
Push Jerk: E2MOM, 5 sets, 3 reps
Chipper (For Time):
12 Strict Press (95/55)
12 Push Press
12 Push Jerk
*As the runs get shorter, your pace should get faster.